January 3, 2015

It's nothing. Just like me.

August 30 - One year

This chapter continues from the very first chapter. Connor is angry and has hurt Ann. He shattered the sculpture Ann made for him. The beautiful heart sculpture broke into thousands of pieces.The heart sculpture stands for Ann's hard work. How each piece is not perfect, but all the imperfection becomes a whole that becomes perfect. Each piece stands for the affords Ann spend in it. The hours she searched for sea glass, the hours she put all the pieces together, all of it, shattered, littering the floor."And now it's nothing. Just like me." The glass sculpture broken, even though it was said to be treasured. Connor broke it because of his anger.

The heart symbolizes the love of Ann for Connor. Connor says he would appreciate it, but at the kids of his anger, he destroys it.Have you experienced something that you think: "yes, I have done well" and then someone comes and destroys it. The feeling when you spend hours in something and then it being crushed. It hurts, and it destroys you. You feel alone, hurt and the worst thing is, no one is there to save you. You are left alone to drown in your sorrows.

I myself, have never made something like a sculpture before. But I remember this one experience I had in school.I made cupcakes for school (I am a passionate baker). I remember making it for my spanish class. I made around 25 little cupcakes. They were made with love and they looked really beautiful. My classmates saw them and wanted to try. I saw it as an opportunity to talk to my classmates, my friends I once neglected. From the 25 pieces, left only like 10. When he said he wanted some too, I opened my locker and took one out. He saw there were only 10 left. He then asked me what happened to the rest. I said " I gave it to my friends. You could see his blood boiling, how angry he became that I gave it to other people. He freaked out and throw the whole box on the ground, throwing a few at me. He said, I was a bitch and that if he can't have many, no one else can.The efforts I did. The hours I spend. Backing made me happy, made me free. He destroyed it, because he was jealous i talked to someone. I was not allowed to talk to anyone.
The cupcakes that were once perfect and beautiful, were now destroyed, smashed and useless. Like me.
How could I allow someone to destroy me like destroying the beautiful little cupcakes?



No comments:

Post a Comment