May 2, 2015

I want me back

May 31 - Nine months, One day

Ann finishes her high school career and has nothing else to do. She decides to go for a run to look for sea glasses for her project for Connor. While running she starts thinking about questions, Why did I stop doing this? Why did I give it up?  
She imagines telling Connor about her wanting to run and she knows he would understand. But she still decides that she wants her old life back. She wants herself back. She feels alive and wonders how she could have forgotten about the feeling of being free.

This thought of wanting my old life back has came to my mind many times. The feeling of wanting to be free. Free from his chains and his words..  Before I knew him, I was a person full of happiness and filled with love. After knowing him, I was a person filled with sorrow, sadness and pain. I lost myself and I didn't know how to get it back.
I always asked myself what I did to deserve this. Why it had to be me who had to be hurt and broken. But if it wasn't me it would have been someone else ending up hurt and maybe dead.
I was broken after this relationship, after all this pain, but I got myself back.
I did forget about the being free, but because I did forget, I broke the chains. I escaped my prison and became who I am now.
Happy, free and loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment